Gulf Heritage Mustang GT from Reddick Brown Ford
One of the most iconic liveries to grace an automobile is the Gulf Oil livery. It has been seen on cars that have raced on prestigious tracks across the globe, multimillion-dollar exotic cars and now it can be on your very own Ford Mustang GT from Reddick Brown Ford. As of this article being written only 3 examples have been produced and the one in the images is the very first of those 3 examples.
The Gulf Oil livery was first seen in the skies on a Grumman G-22 “GulfHawk II”, which was an aerobatic biplane. In the 1960’s Gulf Oil took over a Ford GT40 race team and added their signature Powder Blue and Marigold colors to the vehicles. Those GT40s were the first official Gulf Oil sports cars to wear the well-known livery.
The Gulf Heritage Mustang GT is based on a 2019+ Mustang GT Premium. This particular Mustang is the 1st of only 3 examples so far. Below is a list of the components included with each Gulf Heritage Edition Mustang GT. Available in a Coupe or Convertible and Manual and Automatic transmission.
- Custom painted Gulf Blue and Orange racing livery
- Custom full leather and alcantara interior w/ Gulf Racing accents
- 3.0L Whipple Stage 2 Supercharger System (808BHP / 677TQ)
- Air to water intercooler
- Upgraded fuel injectors
- High-flow air induction system
- Chassis dyno calibration
- Carbon fiber front splitter
- Carbon fiber side splitters
- Carbon fiber rear valence
- Carbon fiber rear spoiler w/ gurney flap
- Carbon fiber rear diffuser
- Front grille delete
- Gulf Orange 6-Piston Brembos w/ 15.1 inch front rotors
- Gulf Orange 4-Piston Brembos w/ 15.1 inch rear rotors
- 20-inch Forgestar CF10 wheels finished in Gloss Gunmetal
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires (285/30/20 front and 305/30/20 rear)
- Lowered sport suspension
- Unique serialized plaque on dash and engine bay
- 3 year / 36,000 mile limited warranty
- Cost: $139,995 (includes cost of 2020 Ford Mustang GT Premium)
I had the opportunity to photograph this Gulf Heritage Mustang owned by Sean while it was being detailed at BWright’s Detail in Gastonia, NC. All of the numbers and stripes that may look like decals are in fact painted. The livery on the Gulf Heritage Mustang mimicks the same livery that was on the LeMans winning Ford GT40 from the 60’s. (pictured earlier in the article)
All exterior plastic trim pieces from the factory have been replaced with carbon fiber components. You can never do just one piece of carbon fiber haha! It wouldn’t be right to have a Mustang with such an iconic livery with just stock power under the hood. A Whipple Supercharger has been added to the 3rd Gen. Coyote V8 engine to boost power output to 808 horsepower. Under the hood, there is also a plaque with the build number and the Gulf Oil logo engraved. (These Mustangs were built under the dealer’s previous owners name, they have since been renamed to Reddick Brown Ford)
On the inside, you’ll find a set of leather Recaro seats w/ the Gulf Oil logo embroidered on the leather, orange alcantara inserts and orange stitching to carry out the theme of the livery. Other than the reupholstered Recaro seats and a serialized plaque mounted on the headliner, the interior is pretty standard.
As always, thank you for taking the time to read my articles. If you find any value from these please leave a comment or share them on your social media channels.
Join the discussion One Comment
WOW sweet Stang!