Evolution Performance’s 2020 GT500 1/4 mile record
Evolution Performance breaks the 2020 GT500 1/4 mile record. They managed to break into the 9’s in the 1/4 mile with their Iconic Silver 2020 Shelby GT500. Evolution is no stranger when it comes to setting records. I am most familiar with on of their projects known as Devil’s Reject. It is a 2013 Grabber Blue Shelby GT500 that runs conisistent 6’s in the 1/4 mile!
For the past couple of weeks aftermarket performance shops have been in a frenzy to see who can modify and break records in the all new GT500. Evolution Performance took delivery of their GT500 on January 2nd, 2020. After a quick detail it headed straight to the shop for modifications.
On January 3rd, the guys at Evolution took their GT500 to Bradenton Motorsports Park in Brandenton, FL. to get some passes in with the modifications they recently installed.
Evolution Performance Shelby GT500 Specs
Weight: 4,365lbs with Driver
684 RWHP and 591 RWTQ – Stock Dyno Numbers
945 RWHP and 753 RWTQ – Modified Dyno Numbers
– Kong Performance Ported Factory 2650 TVS Supercharger
– Lethal Performance ZPE Griptec 2.650 Pulley
– Injector Dynamics ID1300x Fuel Injectors
– JMS FuelMax V2 Dual Fuel Pump Voltage Booster
– Kook’s 1 7/8-inch Longtube Headers with Off Road X-Pipe
– BMR Suspension Differential Bushing Lockouts with Upgraded Hardware, Level 2 Cradle Bushing Lockouts and IRS – Subframe Support Brace System
– Mickey Thompson ET Street SS 20-inch Drag Radials
– Lund Racing Tuned via HPTuners
– VP Racing Fuels C85
Modification / spec list sourced from: Race Pages Digital
Bradenton Motorsports Park is the same track Evan Smith set the factory 1/4 mile times back in October. In stock form, a ’20 GT500 can run 10.6’s. Check out Evan’s YouTube video below where he documents the entire evening with the Evolution Performance crew.