2019 Shelby GT350 and GT350R major product changes
The 2019 Shelby GT350 and GT350R are receiving some refinements next year. There isn’t a facelift or major changes to the exterior of the Shelby aside from a couple new colors. I am excited to tell you about the Handling Package option which adds a nifty piece of equipment that hasn’t been seen since the S197 GT500. I will get to that later.
Let me tell you about the major product changes happening on the 2019 Shelby GT350 and GT350R models.
- ABS/ESC/EPAS Calibrations on GT350
- Front radiator block off plate from GT350R is now standard
- Unique chassis tuning (stabilizer bars, springs and MagneRide)
- Cross Drilled Rotors will be replaced with smooth rotors
- Adjustable Strut Top Mounts included in GT350R as FIA only
- NEW Aluminum wheel design on GT350
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Tire on GT350
- NEW Rear Spoiler on GT350
- Over-the-top stripes now have a NEW Light Magnetic Accent Stripe
- NEW Color Options include Velocity Blue (E7) and Ford Performance Blue (FM)
- Lead Foot Gray, Lightning Blue and Triple Yellow have been removed as color options
INTERIOR / COMFORT
- NEW Aluminum Instrument Panel
- NEW Door Inserts
- NEW Exposed Carbon Fiber Instrument Panel
- NEW Seat Trim with Dark Slate Accent
- NEW wrapped center console with accent stitch
- GT350 logo has moved from headrest to seat back on GT350 and GT350R
SAFETY / SECURITY
- Rear View Camera is now standard on GT350R
DRIVER ASSIST TECHNOLOGY
- NEW FordPass Connect 4G WiFi Modem
- B&O Premium Sound System by Bang & Olufsen (12-speakers w/ subwoofer)
- NEW Technology Package
- NEW Handling Package
- R-Electronics Package, Electronic Package and Convenience Package have been removed
Must have mods for your Shelby GT350!
New Standard Features for 2019 GT350 and GT350R
All features listed below will come standard on Shelby GT350 and GT350R. The new standard wheels are much more stylish than the previous standard set of wheels. 2015 and up Mustangs have puddle lamps while the GT350 and GT350 were left without puddle lamps. Well that has changed for 2019! A Cobra logo will now greet you every time you enter or exit your new 2019 Shelby.
I am most excited about the new rear spoiler. The spoiler has an optional Gurney Flap that can be added with the Handling Package. I have seen a few images posted on Instagram from user @themikedean which show off the new spoiler and boy does it look awesome!
Standard spoiler without Gurney Flap
Standard spoiler ( Handling Package added with Gurney Flap )
- Two piece, smooth ventilated brake rotors
- Front – 394mm
- Rear – 380mm
- Rear Spoiler (Gurney Flap available with Handling Package)
- Michelin Pilot Cup Sport 2 Tires
- Front tire size 295/35/19 Rear tire size 305/35/19
- Ebony Black Painted Aluminum Wheels
- Front wheel size – 19″ x 10.5″ / Rear wheel size 19″ x 11″
INTERIOR / COMFORT
- Shelby exclusive Aluminum Instrument Panel
- Wrapped center console with accent stitch
SAFETY / SECURITY
- Rear view back up camera on GT350R
DRIVER ASSIST TECHNOLOGY
- FordPass Connect 4G WiFi Modem
- Locate parked vehicle
- Check vehicle status
- Wi-Fi hotspot connects up to 10 devices
Battle of the blues
Two new color options are available on GT350 and GT350R for 2019. Velocity Blue was recently introduced on the 2018 Mustang chassis. The other blue color option, Ford Performance Blue, is making its debut only on the Shelby models as of right now.
I first saw Ford Performance Blue on the new Edge ST at the Carlisle Ford Nationals a few months ago. It looked very similar to the Liquid Blue Metallic which was used to debut the Ford Performance vehicle lineup back in 2015.
Velocity Blue has taken the top spot in my FoMoCo blue paint options. Velocity Blue is very similar to Lightning Blue but I feel like the Velocity Blue has a more metallic sheen to it if that makes sense. It’s almost like it has a silver base coat and the brightness of the silver base coat shines through the blue to it a bright highlight of color.
The image below gives you a side by side visual of Velocity Blue and Ford Performance Blue on the GT350 and GT350R.
New standard wheel for GT350, GT350R keeps the carbon fiber 7-spoke wheels
Shelby GT350 gets a new standard aluminum wheel. The wheel sizes are the same width (Front – 19″ x 10.5″ / Rear – 19″ x 11″) as the previous Shelby GT350 wheel on the 2015 – 2018 models. The new wheel still has 10-spokes but they look slightly better in my personal opinion. Could this be a standard wheel on the Shelby GT500 also?
Check them out for yourself below!
Stripes get an overhaul
I have never really been a huge fan of stripes on Mustangs. The new ROUSH center stripe I can deal with and the skinny Performance Package stripes on the S197 GT500’s are ok also. 2015 – 2018 Shelby GT350 models could always be distinguished from their white or black accent stripe. The white or black worked well with some paint colors while it clashed with most of the color options in my opinion. The white or black accent has been swapped out for a Light Magnetic Gray accent stripe for 2019 Shelby GT350 while Shelby GT350R will still wear the Race Red accent striping.
Shelby GT350 (900A) and GT350R (920A) each have their own respective equipment groups for 2019. I have created a table that breaks down the equipment groups and packages that can be added to your new Shelby GT350 or GT350R.
|Series||Option Code||Ford Shelby GT350||Ford Shelby GT350R|
|Shelby GT350 Fastback and Shelby GT350R Fastback||P8J||Standard||Standard|
|5.2L Ti-VCT with Flat Plane Crank||99Z||Standard||Standard|
|6-Speed Manual Transmission||44E||Standard||Standard|
|Included in Equipment Group||N/A|
- 19" Ebony Black Carbon Fiber Wheels with Red Brake Calipers
- Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
- Larger Front Splitter
- Michelin Pilot Cup Sport 2 Tires (Front - 305/30/19 | Rear 315/30/19)
- Rear Seat Delete
- Red interior accent stitcting
- Unique Chassis Tuning
- Wheel Locking Kit
- Adjustable Strut Top Mounts (Shipped separately from vehicle - dealer installed)
|Free Standing Packages and Options (FSO)|
- B&O Premium Sound System (12 speakers and trunk mounted subwoofer)
- BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
- Mirrors - Heated, Memory, Turn Signal Indicator and Cobra Puddle Lamps
- Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with Pinch to Zoom capabilitye
Note: If you order with the 6-way Power Leather Trim Sport Seats (88B) 3-memory seat settings are included
|Leather-trimmed Sport Seats with Seat Back Map Pockets (replaces standard RECARO Cloth/Miko Suede Sport Seats)|
- 4-way adjustable head restraints
- 6-way Power Driver Seat with Power Lumbar
- 6-way Power Passenger Seat
- Climate Controlled Front Seats (Heated/Cooled)
- Memory Recline (Driver's Side Only)
|Painted Black Roof||94B||Optional|
|Vinyl "Over-the-Top" Racing Stripe||47S||Optional||Optional|
|Exposed Carbon Fiber Instrument Panel||59B||Optional||Optional|
|Orange Fury Metallic Tri-Coat||NL||Optional||Optional|
|Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat||RR||Optional||Optional|
|Full Vehicle Cover (WeatherShield with Shelby logo on hood area and Cobra logo on back)||21S||Optional||Optional|